A Changing Cosmos is the latest edition of the Hands-On Universe (HOU) astronomy curriculum series. It has been compiled in a single book as the "Best" of the 7 original HOU high school curriculum books:
- Introduction to Image Processing—how to use the HOU Image Processing Software
- Finding Features—including a Browser's Guide to the Universe.
- Measuring Size—Use the pixel plate scale to measure a lunar crater; track Jupiter's moons; calculate mass of Jupiter.
- Measuring Color—colors of stars, the HR diagram, and how stars evolve according to their mass.
- Measuring Distance—Learn how the cosmological distance ladder is used to determine the distance to far away objects.
- Measuring Brightness—Learn about photometry -- measurement of light from a celestial object.
- Searching for Supernovae—See how astronomers find supernovae -- exploding stars.
Table of Contents
Index of Investigations