A Changing Cosmos originally was a compilation in a single book as the "Best
" of the 7 original HOU high school curriculum books. The original TERC curriculum had 7 student books
, with Teacher Guides
- Introduction to Image Processing—how to use the HOU Image Processing Software
- Finding Features—including a Browser's Guide to the Universe.
- Measuring Size—Use the pixel plate scale to measure a lunar crater; track Jupiter's moons; calculate mass of Jupiter.
- Measuring Color—colors of stars, the HR diagram, and how stars evolve according to their mass.
- Measuring Distance—Learn how the cosmological distance ladder is used to determine the distance to far away objects.
- Measuring Brightness—Learn about photometry -- measurement of light from a celestial object.
- Searching for Supernovae—See how astronomers find supernovae -- exploding stars.